Suppose your natural skin care routine needs a few modifications before cold strikes in full power, now is a good time to clean out your bathing room cupboard and take stock of your current items. In this article, you will learn how to easily simplify the process of selecting items focused to your specific type of skin – from soothing solutions and healthy skin lotions to refreshing after-summer therapies. Let these eight dos and don’ts be your information when developing the ideal fall climate natural skin care routine.
- Do introduce moisturizing products into your autumn skincare regimen.
- Don’t retire your sunscreen. One common – and dangerous – assumption is that your skin isn’t as susceptible to UV damage during the fall and winter seasons.
- Do take some time to consider your skin’s specific needs before shopping for new products.
- Don’t forgo moisturizing products because your skin is naturally on the oily side.
- Do invest in products you can use year-round. A moisturizer or serum with antioxidants is one item you’ll use every season
- Don’t let your skincare changes stop at facial skincare. The rest of your body – especially rough areas like the feet, elbows and knees – can become parched and dry as well.
- Do give your skin some TLC to repair summertime damage. According to New York City dermatologist the combination of seawater, chlorine and sunscreen – along with skincare products – can really take a toll on the skin.
- Don’t forget to nurture your skin when you’re out and about. Keep a few moisturizing essentials in your purse or bag, such as a rich, hydrating lip balm and some hand cream like L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, to prevent skin from becoming dehydrated.